Monday 16 February 2009

she's ugly but she's a good listener.

I have lied to you twofold: this post is neither on Sunday, nor about sex. Another day I promise.

How do you respond when people ask what your favorite music is? I'm usually hard-pressed for something to say. Uhmm. Indie? too broad. folk? metal? hip hop?

I may be a little late to jump on the bandwagon, but last.fm is amazing if you have cancer or a lot of time to kill. It's an Internet radio similar to Pandora, but also a social networking site that allows you to share music and analyze your listening habits. It uploads all of the info on your itunes and tells you what you listen to.

I've been so bored with my music during chemo sessions and am constantly asking friends to recommend bands, so this is perfect if you're in a rut. It helps alleviate the monotony of chemo sessions.

Also, it's interesting to see what songs you've most listened to. For instance, it says I've been playing Regina Spektor lately because I'm trying to learn her songs on piano. And I never would have guessed my "most listened to" is Connie Francis' "I'm breaking in a brand new broken heart". God I'm depressing.

Here is my profile.

make one and be my friend! let's see what you're really listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment