Friday 6 January 2012

updates from the babe in toyland

It has been confirmed that I will have a job until our A/W12 Show this February.
I'm not sure I could've lasted longer anyway, as much as that breaks my heart to admit.
After this I hope to devote more time to our comic and YA cancer advocacy, and perhaps freelance writing to pay the bills. Any suggestions? What should I pursue?

I've been having severe hip pain lately, much more than usual; I think it's the joint. I know several people who suffer from avascular necrosis after radiation, and am concerned it is this. I was able to sign up for HHC discounted medical service here in NY, so I will be seeing an orthopedic oncologist next Monday, after spending all yesterday in the Bellevue ER. For now I'm taking an increased dose of pain meds, although it's difficult to work when they make me so groggy. I often find myself trying to communicate, searching for a word that just won't come out. It's embarrassing. I hate opiates.

I'll miss the BJ team; they've become like a family to me; an overworked and overstressed but pizazzy family.


Here's a picture from our Xmas party last month.
betsey quit toying with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment